Friday, April 17, 2020

Week of April 20, 2020

Dear Mitchell Families, 

 

I hope you and your family are doing well. I also hope the online distance learning went well this week and that your child(ren) engaged with their classroom teachers on Seesaw or Google Classroom. I'm sure there were some "bumps in the road" this week. There were for me too! As with anything new, there will always be a transition period or learning curve. If you need support, please reach out to classroom teachers or Mrs. Epler and myself – we want to help! 

 

If you have not been able to login and access the learning opportunities that teachers are providing, I really encourage you to do so next week. We are moving forward with learning and I hope all Mitchell students take advantage of these learning opportunities. For any child/family who has not logged into the online learning platforms, the Mitchell building support team, Mrs. Epler, and myself will be reaching out directly to you next week – again, we want to help! 

 

Most importantly, please know that I understand we are living in unique times and this approach to schooling is new for everyone. Furthermore, I understand that everyone's daily lives are unique. Some families might have limited time to engage in school work while others might have more time. The intent of this learning plan is to provide structure and learning opportunities for all of our students. These opportunities are NOT meant to add to the stress that many of us are already facing. While I hope students are able access as much of this content as possible, I also understand that your family's health and well-being are the top priority.

 

Be well,

Matt