Friday, March 20, 2020

Week of March 23, 2020

Dear Mitchell Families,

I hope this finds you, your loved ones and friends all doing well and feeling healthy. I think of you often and I miss you. I have a number of updates for you in this edition of the eNotes. Please remember, I will post all updates to the Mitchell School Newssite. Many of my updates are things you might have already seen. My goal is to be clear and consistent with communication so as not to misinform you. 

During the week of March 23, you can expect that classroom teachers will begin to share a daily message and a daily learning opportunityfor your children. These opportunities will occur on Seesaw and Google Classroom. Teachers have already begun to reach out to kids and families to make sure everyone is connected. If you are not connected with your child's teacher(s), please contact them and they will help.

Our special area teachers will also be providing learning opportunitiesfor kids. This will not occur daily but will rather occur on the schedule below.
·      Monday – PE with Ms. Rushdan (Welcome Back Ms. Rushdan!!)
·      Tuesday – World Language with Mrs. Gryak and PLTW with Mr. Hall
·      Wednesday – Media/Library with Mrs. Duncan
·      Thursday – Vocal/Instrumental Music with Mrs. Schwankl and Mr. Rodriguez
·      Friday – Art with Mr. Cerniglia 

Of course, our special area teachers will be providing kids feedback throughout the week. 

I'm working on a document entitled, Mitchell School Learning Platform Links. This document will be a one-stop shop that will indicate each staff members learning platform (Seesaw, Google Classroom) and will include contact information. As soon as this is ready, I'll share it with you. Should be soon…please be on the lookout for that information. 

From my end, I plan to do some "tweeting" this week in the hopes that it simply provides a little fun for the kids and another way to stay connected. I will continue tweeting important updates (which will also post to the blog and I will share via eNotes, email) but I will also tweet, what I hope, will be a little fun for the kids. If you'd like to tune in, you can follow me on twitter…. @a2mitchell– I hope to "see" you there!